View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008   #61
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
Spencer is not eligible for the practice squad since he already has two years in the NFL.
He is because he hasn't been activated for enough games to be ineligible. The Texans wanted to move Joppru to the PS when they cut him, but he move to the Bears PS instead. He had more years than Spencer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
An overstatement possibly before, but this also sounds like you are trying to let this one down as easy as possible on the other end.

If I understand what you are saying, not so. I held and posted the same opinion before Spencer played his first regular season game. Lots of teams passed on him for one reason or another during the draft. He could have been a diamond in the rough, or not. I wanted to see it to believe it at that critical position.

Then again, I'm admittedly biased about many things Texans so take my opinion for what it is worth - the paper it is written on.