View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008   #60
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know what the difference between an injury settlement and a full year's salary would be. I doubt that would be enough to become a determining factor in the decision. I think it boils down to whether the Texans see Spencer as someone who can contribute in the future.

And with this thought in mind, why wouldn't they just put him on the field to see if he can play, or not? He might not be a good fit for the ZBS, but with the potential he showed prior to the injury, surely some team might be willing to give up a late round draft pick for him. After all, they've got scouts too.

I'm just saying, we shouldn't just throw him away if we can get something for him. As NBT said, I'd sure hate to see another team pick him up & he turns into a starter at guard or tackle for them.

We could probably let him sit on the PUP one more year, if Brown, Butler, & Frye step up. That would allow us to let Salaam (32 y/o) walk & clear another roster spot for the young guns.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote