View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008   #51
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
He was a starting LT, he had the potential to be a franchise LT.
Yes, he started a couple of games. Many fans had him going to the pro bowl after a couple of good pre-season performances against mostly second stringers. I guess every untested player has potential to be a franchise player, but in reality he was no more than a rookie starting at LT who had his moments, both good and bad. The play he got hurt on was an example of one of his weaknesses. He didn't move when the ball was snapped; that's why he was pushed back into the backfield. Sometimes he was very slow off the line.

I feel bad for Spencer; I've heard he's a decent guy. Lots of decent guys get cut though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
With that kind of potential why not keep him for TC and IR him again if need be. If or when he comes back he could back up Winston until Salaam retires and then move over and back up Duane. His potential may still be there, that's all I'm saying.
Using a roster spot on him would make him an expensive long shot. The Texans may have learned a lesson with carrying Mathis for so long. He even has proven performance, but injuries were to be a factor with him.