View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I have a very strong belief from the "feel" of this article and the very widely known Texans pattern of never telling anyone the truth about any injury regardless of it's severity (a pattern that continues through a coaching and GM change I might add) that we will never see Charles Spencer on the field again. There's just something about the way all of this was written that says loudly "Everyone knows this man is done except for him and all of you..." This feels like Tony Boselli. This feels a little bit like Domanick Davis.

If Charles Spencer even makes it to training camp the Texans will be talking about what a great effort he put forth to get back to where he is and what a shame it is that his career was ended so early. They'll wish him the best and that'll be it.

I'm about as optimistic as any poster on these boards. I also tend to give the organization the benefit of the doubt...

I agree with literally every word from Hervoyel. Two weeks ago I was arguing with the entire board about the possibility of Spencer at RT and moving Winston to RG. However, I think they've made the writing on the wall pretty freakin' clear.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote