View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans nearing decision on Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The practice squad isn't set until just prior to the start of the season. In the mean time, Spencer will be not practicing with the team. With zero reps over the past 2 years, I have to question how much value Spencer would have on the practice squad and if he would even be ready to contribute during the season. I think that spot would be better served by a healthy player who has had the reps and would be ready to step in as a reserve. Like a Frye, Eslinger, or Fenton.

As high as Spencer's ceiling is, I would think he'd be worth a spot on the practice squad if the team believes he's on track to recover. DEFINITELY! That being said, it sure looks like the team no longer believes in the likelihood of Spencer being healthy again. It's very disappointing... But, it's amazing what the front office has accomplished in less than two years, because the loss of Spencer no longer effects my perception of this team's ability to compete. The talent pool here is worlds better than it was when Ron Dayne stepped on my heart and Spencer's leg.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote