Thread: FFl Stragety...
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FFl Stragety...

My approach isn't going to be popular but it's gotten me into the finals of my leagues 3 years in a row and to the playoffs the year before that.

I draft RB's high because in most leagues, those guys get you points. QB isn't that important of a position in most leagues and the guy you get in the 3rd to 4th round could get you a lot of points.

BUT...

I'm very quick to drop players and pick up hot, undrafted players. If I see that someone appears to be getting hot out of the blue, I jump on them. But you've got to be careful that the guy isn't just a one game wonder but a guy that's actually "getting it". Also keep a close eye on injuries and drop guys who are gimpy even if they're a big name. I usually end up with a very different team than the one I started out with.

I'm very sensitive to who the hot kickers and hot defenses are. People usually neglect those positions and usually the guys that are ranked high before the season aren't the guys that get hot in the middle of the season.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote