Thread: FFl Stragety...
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FFl Stragety...

I started a thread that was along these lines before last season started.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41309

I have always been big on grabbing an elite QB to anchor my teams. However, I think the number one pick is just too high. Especially when you are only getting 3-4 points per a TD.

I would personally take LT in that situation. He is in the prime of his career and is almost a lock to get you 1300 yards and 15 TD's. Then I would grab my QB in round two, unless there is a run on QB's.

Tom Brady was my bread and butter in my money league. Brady to Welker helped me humiliate many of my good friends on Sunday afternoons. But I am a little weary of picking Brady too high this year. QB's historically have big let downs after record setting years. I also think that the Pat's thought that they could rely on their running game late in the year if they needed to. Maroney was a beast the last few weeks of the season and in the Pat's first two playoff games, but they couldn't run the ball in the SB when they needed to. I am hoping to get Maroney in a later round because I think the Pat's will be a more balanced offense this year.

Long story short, I think there will be better value at QB with your second pick.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote