Thread: Julian Peterson
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004   #12
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Those were combined tackles. IMO he shouldn't and won't get Lewis money, but seems like he could ask for Arrington money without being unreasonable.
Lavar gets an 8yr $80mil contract...

Ray-Ray gets...
"NFL sources confirmed Thursday morning the Ravens have reached agreement in principle with Lewis on a blockbuster contract that ranks as one of the most lucrative deals in league history.
Negotiated by agent Roosevelt Barnes over the past two days, Lewis' seven-year contract is worth about $50 million and includes a signing bonus of $19 million.
The whopping signing bonus validates Lewis' status as a premier playmaker. The fact is, middle linebackers aren't supposed to be paid like quarterbacks, but Lewis, arguably the league's most dominating defender, will be.
Lewis, 27, was the team's first-round choice in the 1996 draft and has been a force since entering the league. The former University of Miami star has 1,087 tackles, 19 sacks, 12 interceptions, 56 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and four recoveries. -ESPN, Len Pasquerelli, AUG02"

Do we really think Arrington and Peterson are worth more coin than Ray? I just found this and it clicked back to me the Ray had got a big time extension last year for 50-55million. I guess no one can fault you if your willing to pay someone like Arrington $80mil...but, WOW...Lavar better be the next coming of Lawrence Taylor for that kinda cap hit.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote