View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Rosevelt Colvin to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Now this is interesting! If we can get this guy without threatening our cap health going forward, he would be a heck of a good risk. THis is exciting.

Let me add, McClain is an *****. He actually thinks we're getting him to play LB. Clearly, our interest in him is predominately as a situational pass rusher. Wow, when healthy, he can really make a difference for us. Also, he'd have a good shot at a healthy couple of years because we'd only need him for 20-25 plays a game. I'm officially excited!!
we have never been in cap trouble, dale. ever. we haven't used our franchise tag ever because we have never had to. i am not huge on this signing and I do think he would be signed as an OLB not a DE. He may be a situational DE pass rusher and get down in linemena position, but I dont think it will be that often.

people always think that signing players is going to put us in cap hell or somehow is going to screw our future. this is not the case. the only time you can put yourself in cap hell is when you sign/resign scrubs like Carr, Wade, and Weaver to huge money deals and they dont perform. Why not spend the extra money and get someone who can actually play and not some big puss like Carr or scrubs like Wade or Weaver.

I would rather them go after J.Taylor but I doubt therer is any chance of that happening..he dont want to come here.