View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008   #17
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overrated-underrated by Prisco

While I appreciate the national media finally coming around and admitting that Bush has been a bust and that the Texans didn't screw the pooch in selecting Mario, I do take issue with the fact that most writers are taking the "everyone else thought Bush was gonna be great and Mario would suck" approach to breaking the news. There is quite a bit of crow left uneaten.

From the overrated/underrated arcticle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Prisco
We expected to see those electrifying, make-the-defensive-coordinators-sweat runs that he put on display at Southern California. Instead we have had a tentative, between-the-tackles runner who sure doesn't make us think of Gale Sayers, which the experts said he would.
Prisco's Overrated/Underrated for 2008

And this from his 2006 post draft grades:
Quote:
Houston Texans

Worst pick: Mario Williams. They should have selected Reggie Bush. That said, Williams will be a good player.

Overall grade: A. Even without drafting Bush, they had a heck of a draft. The first four picks will all start as rookies.
Quote:
New Orleans Saints

Best pick: They have to be thrilled Reggie Bush was there. Even with Deuce McAllister, a player I like a lot, they had no choice but to take Bush.

Overall grade: B. That grade is high only because they landed Bush. The rest of the draft was ho-hum.
Prisco's 2006 Draft Grades

I mean, where's the accountability? How about you lump yourself in with those so-called "experts" that hyped Bush into the stratosphere and panned the Texans all season because of it. I will give him a bit of credit since he at least stated Mario would be a good player, but he still insisted the Texans made the wrong call.

Last edited by TexanAddict; 05-29-2008 at 11:09 AM.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote