View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AP article on Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I haven't seen/heard or read anything that really solidifies Matt as the leader of this team, other than Kubiak saying that he is. I mean it's no different than Kubiak saying HWSNBN is the leader of this team.
I think he shows more effort to be the leader, but he's not the first one I think about when it comes to the leader of the team. The problem is we don't have a good basis to judge. Well, at least not from the Texans QB position. He's an improvement in that area over Carr. That doesn't say much, though.

I know one thing they mention about Schaub's leadership is how he made sure to call every player when he was traded to the team. He also gets the phone numbers of each draftee and free agent signee to call them and welcome them. That by itself isn't much, but it sounds like he at least puts in extra time with the team and doesn't automatically run off when practice is over. They are signs that he could be that person, but he has to step it up. One of the things I remember a lot of people saying about Carr was his ability to get up after taking a beating. Heck, I remember Capers saying that was why he left him in the game against SD in year 1 after giving up 9 hard sacks. He wanted them team to see his leadership ability. To me, that's a quality that many leaders have, but it alone doesn't make you a leader. The time is now for Schaub to lead the Texans to the extra season.