Thread: I love speed.
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008   #7
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I love speed.

[quote=badboy;926569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The key to Davis is staying healthy. The Key to double S is the will to stick his nose in where angels wouldn't tread and getting bloodied. We'll see.[/QUOTE]
This would be true if he was going up the middle, but I see him on slants and end arounds, mis-directional plays etc. Sure he can get hurt anywhere on the field as can any player. I think I am really gonna like this guy. I was not a fan pre- draft, but as a 3rd rounder? Whoosh!
They don't mean running--blocking is the key. The RB is the quarterback's personal protector against the blitz. If Slaton cannot read and appropriately react to a blitz, then our QBs will get killed. And by "reacting to a blitz", I mean sticking your nose directly in the path of a lethally fast 240-pound linebacker. I don't care how good a runner he is; at this level, if he cannot pick up the blitz, we cannot afford to play him.

Fortunately, Slaton has the benefit of a teammate who is one of the all-time greats at pass protection. Brett Farve owes much of his late-career durability to Ahman Green's prowess at keeping angry linebackers off him. Hopefully, Slaton can learn all of Green's tricks.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote