View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008   #42
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
hated the wasted 7th Rounder on Brink. the guy isn't a scrub and has some upside but why are they spending 7th Rounders on a QB that we don't need when we arent willing to deal our backup, Sage, for a 3rd Rounder? If your so damn high on your backup, why the hell are you drafting other QBs? Couldn't we have probably gotten him via post-draft Free Agency? I don't know. Maybe the value of having quality QB play in practice and developmental squad is hard to put a price on..i dont know. It just seems like flawed logic from a fan's point of view.

I grew up right down the street from The Sporting News in St. Louis. I was happy to hear they were pimping Mario. He deserves everything he gets because the pressure was really on the guy. Mario truly is a HIT.
speaking of Brink- http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4340

what everyone here has lost in translation is how to build a team in the salary cap era (at least two more years). this is something I failed to consider when they picked Mario Williams. A big time RDE on the free agent market is a hot commodity requiring millions to sign. just look at this last draft where premeir defensive linemen litter'ed the top 10 picks. Mario was a cornerstone pick not the sexy pick to build a franchise around. good move.

regarding Brink, I would rather invest minimal in the QB position to develop a prospect than pay one 60-70 million like Atlanta did for Matt Ryan. Doesn't hurt my appreication for Alex Brink to make this team longterm either since we graduated from the same High School

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote