View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008   #36
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

I wasn’t on this board for the 2006 draft; I was on some other board that I think got merged in with this one. All I know is the board I was posting on went away. I do remember the reaction at work though among the Texans fans and not a single one of them weren’t upset. Almost every one of them wanted Bush and was rabid about it saying the Texans threw away their chance at greatness. I was in the minority of folks that wanted VY, and I was already (before the signing of Mario) accepting the idea that we wouldn’t take VY so I wasn’t really that shocked, but I was still upset. I honestly felt that VY was really the man to take us to the Promised Land. I took up defending Mario at work just to have something to argue with folks about, but at the time I felt he was vastly overrated to be the number one pick in the draft. I’ve gotten a few “you were right all along” comments from some of the guys since then, but little do they know that at that time I was just defending Mario for fun and arguments sake. LOL

Oh well. History is always a better judge of today than we are. At the time the Mario pick didn’t look like the right one, now it does. Nothing new there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote