View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #31
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Here's a link to Dillon's breakout players article from the 2007 preseason.

Amobi Okoye will probably get on a lot of breakout players list this preseason. And he should be. But, I like Jacoby Jones to breakout. He's healthy, he's more experienced, he's had a full year with the trainers. Plus, Jones is electric with the ball in his hands. Maybe more so than any other Texan. I think Jacoby will make a run at the Pro Bowl as a returner and as a starting WR by the end of the season.
I agree Lucky. If he puts it together he could really blow up in our offense.

His injury really set him back. he ran so fearless pre-injury, he seemed to be a little tentative after that. he looked really nice finding the seam in the preseason though and had a few moments in the regular season. the way he would burst through a seam was very reminiscent of Deion Sanders...no hesitation and quick feet with his size and skill set could make him a monster.

If he can recapture that devil may care attitude he had pre-injury, he could be a monster for us. That would be two big WRs with insane athletic ability. Couple that with possession receiver Walter and the down the field/Special Teams talent of Andre Davis, I could really see our WR corps with Daniels at TE being something special. Add the possible Split End threat of Slaton with Green and Brown in the backfield....that aint a bad unit at all. By far the most talent we have ever had on our offensive squad....hopefully Gibbs can whip this ship up into something special.

It's just so refreshing having hope and optimism going into a season...just 2 years ago we had no chance at being anything other than average...now if a few guys step up and play to their talent level, we could be really impressive.