View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #30
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

I was doing most of my posting on the hpf board at that time. But IIRC it was about the same number of Reggie Vs. Vince, Vs. Mario debaters here as there. I was against Reggie because I thought he was too one dimensional, and didn't have enough lead in his butt to go off tackle. To me he was strictly a 3rd down type of back, which is what he has proven to be. Vince was a run first type of QB, and it has been proven every time that you can't win the big one with a one dimensional QB. At the last minute the Texans decided to go with Mario even though he was somewhat inconsistant in college. Well events have shown that Mario was the real deal. Whether or not the other two are, is still to be determined. Thank goodness for Kubiak and Smith. Best thing to ever happen to the Texans.

Ah yes "revisionist history" always has 20-20 vision!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote