View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 208260 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
That would be great, and I could see him doing some major damage as a return man if he can stay healthy. However I'm doubtful he'll supplant Davis or Walter with any sort of permanence at WR.
The reason I like Jones as the eventual #2 WR is that he has the look of a true WCO wideout. Davis can stretch the field as a vertical receiver. Walter can find the open spots in the zone. But, neither can do much after the catch. That should be Jacoby's strength. And taking the 7-yard slant and turning it into a big play is what the WCO is about.

Two things to remember about Jacoby is (1) he came from Division II football and (2) he was injured early in the season. Jones injury cost him reps not only in games, but in practice. And coming from Lane College, Jacoby needed a lot of reps. He'll get those in these OTAs, training camp, and preseason. Because of that, and his physical ability, I expect big things out of Jones this season.