View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #25
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Here's a link to Dillon's breakout players article from the 2007 preseason.

Amobi Okoye will probably get on a lot of breakout players list this preseason. And he should be. But, I like Jacoby Jones to breakout. He's healthy, he's more experienced, he's had a full year with the trainers. Plus, Jones is electric with the ball in his hands. Maybe more so than any other Texan. I think Jacoby will make a run at the Pro Bowl as a returner and as a starting WR by the end of the season.
That would be great, and I could see him doing some major damage as a return man if he can stay healthy. However I'm doubtful he'll supplant Davis or Walter with any sort of permanence at WR. He looked very raw at WR to me last year. Bobbled/deflected catchable passes, lackluster route running, and looked unsure once he had the ball in his hands IMO. He has great tools but he'd have to make a pretty big jump from year 1 to year 2 to be polished enough to play a large role at WR this year. It'll be interesting to watch, I hope you're right!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote