View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #16
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I just wish I did a screen print of the threads on this board a day after that 2006 draft, just to show what what some of you were saying then.

"I knew the Mario pick was the right one from the very beginning". ?????

Some of you "revisionist historians" ought to be jailed.
I didn't see the old draft threads in the draft section or archived, but if you REALLY want to relive that time - go back to around (currently) pages 300-315 in the Texans Talk section. I checked it out, and it was a good flashback of what was happening at that time. I'd link one - but there were about a zillion threads over and over and over (kudos to the mods that worked through that time).

Remember all the new trolls that infiltrated around that time - that's what your gonna see alot of. Funny thing is, quite a few that were leading the "OMG" threads - I don't see many of them posting here anymore. It's also around the same time of bringing on Sage and Demeco, among others, along with Casserly's last hurrah.

I'll admit - I was all into the Bush bowl and was thinking that would be the first pick, but I didn't go all psycho when we got Mario - I went the direction assuming "Kublak" (yeah, someone titled a thread spelled like that back around that same time) and his crew knew more what they were doing than Capers and since Casserly was on his way out....

Anyway - kudos to Mario. I like the players like that, keep your mouth shut - take what they say, and prove yourself by the actions on and off the field. Better for someone else to pat you on the back than to pat yourself... thanking teams that passed on you in the draft.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote