View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Sporting News says "Mario's a 'Hit'"

Before the draft, I wanted the Texans to send Carr packing so they could draft Vince after the 2005 NCAA National Football Championship for The University Of Texas. We could have signed the DE Julian Peterson away from SF with the money we would have saved not having Carr's superstar salary, kept two 2nd Round picks and we would have been fine.

imho Petersen (Carr's Salary), Young, and two 2nd Round picks > Mario, Schaub and Carr

i am happy where we are at, but I am left wondering what could have been...that was a magical year and momentum would have been sky high. Everyone knew Carr sucked except Kubiak and a few stragglers.

obviously on a Texans board, everyone is gonna bash VY, but I think the guy has done as good as just about any of the QBs drafted recently outside of Eli and Rivers. Trent Edwards has looked OK at times, but I would take VY over him. Obviously VY over Carr is a no-brainer. Alex Smith. Jason Campbell. The Titans have the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL and have managed to have an 8-8 and a 9-7 season since VY came to Tennessee. They had two sub .500 seasons the previous two years. They were the 3rd worst team before he got there. It's not all been Vince but he has helped their team take some small steps towards respectability...and has done so while playing for one of the cheapest owners in existence. He has a long way to go to be a star, but he is already a viable and winning NFL QB and that is a fact.