View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008   #18
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: vy considered retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan View Post
Hopefully Mario and the Texans can make it even less fun for him this season!
I am sorry that Vince isn't having a good time as a NFL QB. I feel for the man. The poor kid can't get drunk and stupid without people worrying about that 50 mil contract he got to play and win in the NFL. He still wants to hang with the guys on the old UT football team and rehash his college glory years. Heck everyone one the face of the planet has had it better than him. I feel so very sorry for him. He is just a human on a pedistal that is afraid of heights. He wants the kids that look up to him to know that just because you do a few drugs and get your freak on while your buds film it, it doesn't mean you can't cry in public when you get busted. All is forgiven. Its amazing that this little sob story hit the stands right after his dirty dancing with the boys pics came out. He is starting to have a Ryan Leaf feel about him. Self important and likes his booze and partying.

I don't know anyone whose life if perfect. Most of us just don't get the opportunity to try to make the entire football watching world feel sorry for us when we don't feel like playing. I guess this is when he would throw his helmit around and cry on the sidelines his rookie year. Although he still would sulk on the sidelines last season.

It's not his ball any more. He can't just pick it up and go home when he doesn't get his way any more. Let's see if any real repentence comes out of it. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. He is still young, but he needs to man up and be a leader and not just one of the boys.

Of course the main reason I even post anything negative about ol' VY is that all the excuse making from the "he walks on water crowd" makes me sick. Their love fest for the QB for a division rival is just this side of being a traitor to the team they say they root for. There has been hundreds of kids come out of the Houston area to the NFL. Most of them had some type of hardships growing up and some people around here act like Vince Young is the only player in the history of the NFL to come from Texas. Ya, I know you just like the burnt ornge color of his jock strap. You can have respect for a player on another team without making the rest of us feel dirty after reading your post.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote