View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008   #36
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Green healthy for second season in Houston" - Yahoo Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Green actually came out of the Week 2 Carolina game due to the knee. But, I remember Green saying he first hurt it in the Arizona game. If someone has a copy of that game, Green takes a helmet-to-knee shot, comes off the field, then re-enters the game.
I went back and looked at my recordings, and this is what I saw:

This is the play in the Arizona preseason game, where Green takes a hit on his knee and takes himself out of the game.

Quote:
2-4-HST 40 (6:53 1st Quarter) A.Green left tackle to HST 48 for 8 yards (T.Holt).
Green comes back into the game in the 2nd Quarter. He plays the 1st half of the Dallas game without incident and sits out the final preseason game.

In the last play of the 3rd Quarter of the KC game in week 1, Green takes a handoff to the left, trips on Vonta Leach's foot and falls into the pile.

Quote:
1-10-HST 25 (:18) A.Green left guard to HST 28 for 3 yards (A.Boone).
Green comes out of the pile limping, coming to the sideline at the end of the quarter. Green returns in the 4th Quarter, with 4 consecutive runs to help setup the Texans final FG.

With the Texans up on Carolina 31-14 in the 3rd Quarter, Green takes a handoff on the left side, stumbles when making a cut back to the inside, and falls into a pile near the LOS.

Quote:
2-6-HST 20 (5:06) A.Green left tackle to HST 20 for no gain (M.Rucker).
Green limps to the sideline, where he pulls up his left knee pad. I never saw any contact that would cause the injury, but he was at the bottom of the pile, where anything goes.

The Chronic's Megan Manfull reported last season that Green had originally hurt his knee in the KC game. But, I remember Green stating in an interview that he first hurt it in the Cardinals preseason game. I don't have a link, as it may have been on either TV news or the radio. That's how I remember it anyway, and it's pretty difficult to get anything accurate on injuries from the Texans.