View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: vy considered retirement

I met Vince Young right after he was selected by the Titans. He came to Club Sky (or whatever it was called back then. It's now the new location of TOC Bar. That place changes names so fast it's silly.). Vince came in and we parked his Titans colored Escalade with custom embroidered seats.

Vince came in at like 6pm and didn't leave until 3am (they opened early for a party in which he was not the only NFL player there. A lot of NY Jets players were there. Don't ask me why. I still don't know to this day what that party was all about. I just worked outside parking cars.). What I found astonishing about that night was when he came out. He wasn't drunk. At all. He was actually a very very good customer. Very nice to the fans who actually booed him at the club.

I don't know... What I do know is that when he pulled up, I wanted to trash his truck for flaunting that he's a Tennessee Titan in Houston. I wanted to shred his custom embroidered seats which said VY with a 10 in there.

I had my camera phone ready to go. I actually neglected my customers at the end of the night by watching the door and ensuring that I would not miss Vince Young walk out. Vince Young's chauffeur (or entourage designated driver) was drunk so Vince ended up taking the keys from him and driving himself home. I personally gave him his keys. The man smiled at me and I just immediately went weak in the knees. I just went into awe after pacing back and forth all freaking night long ready to pounce on him with my camera phone.

I had a newfound respect for the man. I absolutely expected him to be making headlines the next day for staying inside that club for 9 straight hours. The man was sober as can be. The man still welcomed his fans/non-fans after a night of partying.

I guess I can't help but respect him more after hearing him say all this retirement stuff. Hang tough, Vince Young. We need to you remain with the Titans for the next ten years. See, we need ten years of easy wins against ya'll.

Gooc luck, Vince. Depression is no joke and I can't help but respect someone who's battling.