View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008   #61
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
As long as the negotiations are not becoming a distraction, its no big deal. RS needs to concentrate on doing everything he can to improve this team going into 2008 season. He will get an extension and probably even a raise.
Oh no doubt.
I was just wondering if there were any rumors floating around about whether it would be another 3-yr deal? Longer?

I don't know if you guys saw this quote on HT.com when the media types asked R.S. if he thought this was now "his team"....

Quote:
(on if he feels like this is his team that he constructed) I think its our team. And I understand the spirit behind the question, but this is not my team. I think we do a collaborative effort. We use a lot of information from a lot of sources and a lot of opinions. But I do feel like were a better football team. I think we have worked here to improve the talent of the team and the coaching staff is working extremely hard, so I feel like weve gotten better.
I could be "projecting", but that sounds like code for "I've finally cleaned up the mess the last guy left and ran most of the riff-raff out of town... Now just wait till I have some real Cap room!"

but, like I said, I'm probably "projecting" what I'd have said, had they asked me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote