Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008   #49
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
TJ made a huge jump last year. I really expect him to have his best year this year. With the emergence of Wiliams and hopefully an improved Okoye, TJ will come into his own and this will be the year he warrants his first round selection.

Realistically TJ will get most of the snaps this year with Okam coming of the bench replacing Okoye in short yardage and goaline situations. I would really like to see Okoye move over to DE in those situations.
i like the way he played last year. i agree he'll be better as the rest of the line improves as you've said. I don't see him "playing like a #1 pick" but i think he'll show he's a good football player and warrant a new contract.

to be honest, he may not want a new contract here. he's been in the dog house (somewhat self inflicted and somewhat unfair) since he's been here. he seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't mind going somewhere else. for a fresh start.

for me personally I hope that he does want to be here and I hope we renew his contract as well. that is, assuming he plays as well or better than he did last year.

did anyone here about weaver maybe playing some inside like he did for the ravens?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote