Thread: Top 5 WR Corps?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008   #31
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 WR Corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Ernest Givins has been to the Pro Bowl, and if memory serves correct so did Drew Hill.
To answer your question, the old guys they had for the Redskins. I definetly would do that.
Actually, Duncan made a Pro-Bowl also (and while I can't specifically recall, Webster Slaughter may have made it while with the Oilers too). Pro-Bowls are good (and the Oilers receiving Corp we're talking about was good too), but every year 8-10 Wide Receivers are named to the Pro Bowl. There's only two All-Pro WR's named every year.

I'm curious as to the reason you chose to eliminate the team you did. What do you think makes the Run 'n Shoot Oilers better? The Redskin team you mentioned was a few years before my time (not many, but a few), so I have no first-hand knowledge of them, but 2/3 of the heart of the receiving corp. is now in the HOF (Charlie Taylor and Bobby Mitchell), and the TE for the team (Jerry Smith) was All-Pro a couple of times.

Again, I can't speak to a first-hand evaluation of the "old guys", but I can see that the folks who did see Taylor and Mitchell play chose to put them in Canton, while those watching Hill, Jeffires, Givins, Duncan and Slaughter made no such choice (and I agree with that decision).
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote