View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Come one come all---But Tim Carter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I could see him sticking as the 5th guy myself. I mean is David Anderson untouchable or something?

Let's see?

Speed - Carter
Size - Carter
Experience - Carter
Return ability - Carter
Hands - almost definetely Anderson
Route Running - ???
Coverage teams - Guessing Anderson, but not sure

I don't see the downside myself. I really don't understand why the naysayers always come out when we sign these borderline guys, and they start trashing the signing before they even see the guy. If they bomb, so what? What's the possible downside? What, you don't like them wasting a number or something? Is there not enough oxygen in Houston to go around? Did they steal your girlfriend? I don't get it. Obviousely, the guy has some ability and talent. He wouldn't have been a 2nd rounder otherwise. Has he lived up to that? No, but neither had Andre Davis when we scooped him up off the scrap heap last year. The parallels between these two guys is almost scary. Personally, I'll hold my opinion until I actually see the guy play.

Edit - You know what, I forgot. Is Carter a smaller guy? Anderson actually may have the size advantage. Anyone know?
I was beginning to agree with your points up until the oxygen argument........

BTW:
Anderson 5'10"
Carter 6'0"
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote