Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008   #43
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Travis played much better last year and showed significant improvement. His play in the past hasn't warranted his selection in the top half of the 1st round. They say there's typically a 3 year learning curve for the DL until they really get the hang of things. I think TJ became a lot more comfortable with the defense this year and I think he'll continue to provide solid play. Not great by any means like we want, but I did see him play with more of a fire last year and seemed to be more places than he would be in the past. I don't think he'll ever make the pro bowl on our roster because he probably won't see the playing time it takes to get there. Okoye will and we'll have that run stuffer next to him instead of TJ (hopefully Okam pans out quickly).

I think at worst, TJ is a great back up to have behind Okoye. He's not what we need next to AO, so we should have a good rotation between the two with Okoye seeing the majority of the snaps.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote