Thread: Okam
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008   #65
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Okam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I can see where you are going with that but the difference is once Colt Brennan played against top college talent he looked like garbage paste and Okam played against top talent for the majority of the season. That being said, Okam didnt ever seem to dominate a game like Glenn Dorsey did so I dont think that there is much of a comparison between the two.

I will say this I think the Texans will put him in a position to succeed with the other talent that we already have on the line. And the line minus Okam wasnt the strength of the Texas defense.
That pretty much sums it up.
I thought that without Okam, the Texas D doesn't look good at all.
As opposed to the Tigers who had good players all through the defensive line up. If the LBs and the secondary do their job well, it gives the defensive line that extra 1/2-1 second to create havoc. Something that the Texas D-line did not have the luxury of.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote