Thread: SAM and MIC
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SAM and MIC

[quote=Hardcore Texan;923239]Weak side meaning opposite side that the TE is lined up on. But as Lucky said, the Texans don't flop their Sam and Will LB's around based on what the TE does. Typical strong side is the right side, when the TE lines up outside the RT, you have an extra blocker or guy on the line of scrimmage, making it the strong side.

Sometimes you have two TE's sets as well, I don't recall the Texans using this too much.[/QUOTE]
Depends on how you define what is "too much" or "not much".

We used the 2-TE set a fair number of time.
As I had noted last year, on one play I even noticed that our two TEs lined up as outside receivers and the two receivers went into the slots.
On another play, we ran a 3-TE set with all 3 lined up on the strong side, I guess you can classify one of them as a H-back.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote