Thread: Top 5 WR Corps?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 WR Corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The NFLN show that listed the top 10 WR Corp of all time was a joke. They didn't even list the Houston Oiler Fab 4. I'm sorry but those dudes were simply awesome and were way better than some of the old slow guys of yesteryear that they listed. What a crock!!!!
I never for one second thought the Oilers should be or would be on that list (FWIW, the Marks Bros. shouldn't have been either and Swan/Stallworth should have IMO).

The fact that they had no running game is a problem - if all you can do is pass, then your stats are going to be skewed. Also, of the four main receivers (Hill, Jeffires, Givens and Duncan), not only are there no HOF'ers in the group, I've never even heard anyone's name mentioned in regard to it being a possiblility. Lastly, the fact that none of them ever got to a conference championship - much less a SB - makes it a pretty no-brain decision to leave them off. Check the Top 10 - Every single one of them has either HOF receivers (sometimes 2), SB winners, or both. The only exception was the aforementioned Dolphins, but they at least made a SB appearance.

Great fun to watch, and really exciting, but not even close to Top 10 ever.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote