View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005   #110
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Well, I just got through reading all the posts, after hearing about Pace being in town.

I'm sorry . . . the answer is no.

If he was 26 or 27 years old, maybe. But he's almost 30, just beginning the down side of his career, and he probably wants a 7 or 8 year deal . . in which he'll give us 3 years if . . . . if . . he stays healthy.

And to echo other people's thoughts, the problem on the OL wasn't LT, it was the interior.
I tend to look at players in 4-5 year windows. Did you know that there are only 19 players on the Patriots roster that have been there for all of the the last 4 years of their 3 of 4 Super Bowl run? A lineman is in him prime from around 27 till about 33 for the most part, so we should get a good 4-5 years out of him. After that, who cares? I bet a good majority of the players we see here today are not on the team 6 years from now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote