View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Couple articles from the Chron today

Diles learning to fit in at SAM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5795622.html
Quote:
As Ryans' shadow last season, Diles learned where all of the other linebackers were supposed to be in any given situation. Now, that education continues.

"Well, I think he's swimming right now," Kubiak said. "He's a starter; he's out there trying to win a job and trying to be consistent. I think he's kind of all over the place right now, but that's not anything negative. That's OK. He's just got to lock in the defense, because all the physical traits are there. He's just got to get comfortable with what we're doing, and it's going to be a good battle because the (Kevin) Bentley kid's a very smart player, too, so he can really push him."

Diles isn't afraid of a challenge. After all, he became the surprise of training camp last year when he climbed up the depth chart to earn the backup job in the middle. A year later, he's preparing to become an NFL starter.

"Being a seventh-round pick, usually you're just supposed to be a training camp body," Diles said. "But it's just hard work. Just come out here and do what they ask of you and do it hard. You'll like the results at the end."
Weary looking good and down to 290 lbs
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5795701.html
Quote:
Weary says doctors told him the injury he fractured the tibia, or shin bone, in two places was a common one in car accidents, but rare in football.

Unable to do much of anything for a couple of months, most offensive linemen would put on fat, er, weight. But Weary said his weight dipped to 280 or so.

"I couldn't even walk, so I got to be pretty weak," Weary said.

When he was finally able to get back into the weight room, he replaced what was lost with muscle. Hence, the resulting impressive physique.

He estimates he is at about 80 percent right now, with his running limited to in-water training.

It'll be a couple of weeks before Weary is allowed to run on grass, but he should be at full strength by training camp and certainly expects to be ready by the time the regular season begins.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote