View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008   #52
Lucky

Rep Power: 117883 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Hey, I'm for resigning Rick Smith. I just didn't think it would hurt much to wait a couple months. Sorry if that came across as blasphemy to some of you guys.
I think if you had known for sure that Smith was in his last year, you wouldn't have disagreed with the idea of re-signing him. Had Smith's contract gone through 2009 or longer, I would agree with you that the extension was a bit premature.

But as TC stated earlier, it's only money. If things go horribly wrong this year, and McNair decides to cut Smith and Kubiak loose, he just eats the contracts. It doesn't count against the salary cap. Of course, I think there's a 0.00001% chance of that happening.