View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008   #48
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

As a HUGE fan of Rick Smith, I say you lock him up to a long term deal.

If maybe you're a skeptic like Nitro (not necessarily a bad thing), Rick Smith hasn't shown us anything to NOT want him back. Maybe if he's made some bad personnel moves or player acquisitions... but I havn't really seen any of those. Also, if you're skeptical of extending his contract- you have to be willing to find and pay another GM, and roll the dice with them so to speak.

Not knowing who's out there, I think it will be hard to find a GM to come here that will do a better job than Smith.

Whether some of 'his' draft picks pan out or not, he's building the entire team w/ FA, trades, udfa, draft, etc (albeit mostly through the draft like we should). Part of building a winning organization is having the right coaches and front office in place. I think we're finally getting to that point. and I think Kubiak and Smith are going to be here for a very long time.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote