Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008   #36
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't hate the guy, but I see people say he was running around making plays, and I wonder "where was that happening at?" So by all means, I would love to know games that he completely dominated and took over last year.

EDIT : After reading that it seems snarky and assholish, but honestly, I didn't see all this great play that Johnson was making last season. His contract year is going to be interesting none the less.
i'm not the best person to site specific games and specific plays because well, to be honest, my memory is sh!t. but i have season tickets and i go to all the games, i feel like he's a play maker but perhaps in the sense of effort and attacking the play. he made alot of plays on the sidelines at or near the line of scrimmage. for a DT to be out there by the numbers making plays is a big deal.

i know he doesn't get the sacks but he makes plays. and i remember him making big tackles on run plays. he's not a big guy that blocks two guys. he's more squirrly and spins out of blocks and dives at a guy and brings him down-type of guy.

perhaps dalemurphy could site specific instances since he has nothing better to do but log this stuff away.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote