View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Okay. I was thinking about this...

He signed with the Texans after the 2006 draft. Logically, I would think that his contract would be up after the 2009 draft.

Which is why I think we're maybe jumping the gun a little bit on the renegotiation.

Or are you certain that it expires at the end of 2008?
Nitro, it goes by league years. He was here for the 2006 and 2007 league years so the 2008 league year is the final year of his contract. The league year ends in between the Super Bowl and the draft. The fact that he arrived part way into the 2006 league year will not extend his contract into the 2009 league year--it isn't literal years.