View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #32
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
As per Chron.com...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5792609.html

Okay... Don't we want to give him a little more time before reupping his contract? I'm not sure but I'd at least like to see how this draft has panned out. Technically, Smith has only been able to see how one draft of his panned out which was last year's. We don't even know how this years has panned out and we surprised some people with some of our picks so why can't we wait to see how those pan out before reupping his contract?

Seems silly to me. Let's give him two drafts and we'll go from there. Why re-up so early? I'm not campaigning against Smith. I am a huge fan of him. Just.. want to take a wait and see approach before setting up our future for the future which as already been altered.

Hey I say lock him up. He doesn't count against the cap and if he doesn't work out you fire him and buy his contract out. Bob McNairs got the scratch to cover it.

I was concerned when I heard he was coming because I heard that him and Kubiak were so chummy, but man has it worked out so far.

I think Kubiak is the real deal as far as head coaches go, but man a good GM sure does a lot for a team. They're both important, but no coach can overcome a moron at GM.
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote