View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #30
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

i can't remember the article or where i saw it. NFL.com perhaps, but it was about the future of winning franchises and they were looking at this new trend that is happening in Indy and in Seattle where Head Coaches that retire are passing the baton years ahead of time a bit at a time and then their replacement is groomed and ready to succeed him without skipping a beat. Both Dungy and Holmgren have already named their respective successors.

What the hell does this have to do with a thread about signing the most important member of the Houston Texans...

STABILITY is the future of successful winning franchises.

Some speculate that Dallas is doing that alread. No massive turnovers. New assistants, new GM's new scouts etc. etc. Imagine if The HOUSTON TEXANS MACHINE was to churn out championships and winning seasons and playoff appearances year after year because it was a well oiled highly consistant organized winning maching.

i've been preaching for consistancy and stability with this young franchise for years. I think we've got the regime in place. Kubiak and Smith. Now lets lock them in for good. I admit that Kubiak has some learning to do still but I just don't see any reason why you wouldn't give the duet a long long look after the great turnaround they've shown in such a short short time.

pay the man.

am i repeating myself?