View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #27
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
you pay him! you pay him now! you pay him whatever the f*ck he wants!!! you lock him up for a LONG time.

this man, is without question in my book the absolute number 1 reason why the Houston Texans have had such a fast turnaround. He and Kubiak are a team. You cannot overstate the importance of having a GM and Head Coach (who is allowed by the owner to make big time decisions) that are attached at the brain!

The biggest thing that they have done to turn around this team is to instill a winning attitude. Just look at these message boards. We expect to win! Some will say we expect to improve, some will say we expect to be in the playoffs, but there is no question that we EXPECT to get better now.

I'd be fine with aligning him with Kubiak's contract and just renewing them together as the years go by. But whatever you do you've got to lock this man up.

He's just a pup! So is Kubiak! These guys could be a powerhouse tandem of winning football seasons for years to come. I don't see how you can underestimate the amount of progress these two men have created for this organization.

For being a team that went only 8-8, we are starting to be considered one of those franchises that people want to be apart of. Rick Smith is the main reason for that in my opinion. Followed second by Kubiak and his honest approach.

If you're running a business and the General Manager of that business has turned things around 180 and it's fun and exciting to go to work everyday, you'd reward him.

Pay him!

I agree with everything this unpatriotic, funny-looking, fat guy just said!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote