View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Sure but was that really him or was that a result of our team being as bad as it was? It wasn't really all that hard to come in off the street and make our roster at one time or another. Pains me to say this but we were a really bad football team at his inception.

If I were an FA off the street looking to try and get into the NFL, I'd be looking at the worst team in the NFL since my chances would be better of making the team. I really think that this season is Rick Smith's contract year. Let's play the season and see how it pans out. I really really don't want to extend his contract right now. I'm afraid to!

Again, I'm a big fan of Smith.
riiiiiiight....
think about what you're saying...

This is the last year of Rick's deal. What message would waiting to extend it send?
If I were Rick, and Bob McNair wasn't interested in extending my soon-to-expire contract, it would indicate I might need to start putting feelers out to find another job in another city. If I'm going to be working for the Texans, then I need to know now so I can start preparing for the 2009 draft.

Or would you rather wait until after the college football season has come and gone?

And "afraid" of WHAT!?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote