View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's contract may get extended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Actually Nitro, you bring up some valid points.

Just don't discount what he's done beyond the draft. Remember, what he's done with picking up FA acquisitions off of the street too...
Sure but was that really him or was that a result of our team being as bad as it was? It wasn't really all that hard to come in off the street and make our roster at one time or another. Pains me to say this but we were a really bad football team at his inception.

If I were an FA off the street looking to try and get into the NFL, I'd be looking at the worst team in the NFL since my chances would be better of making the team. I really think that this season is Rick Smith's contract year. Let's play the season and see how it pans out. I really really don't want to extend his contract right now. I'm afraid to!

Again, I'm a big fan of Smith.