Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #32
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What are you talking about? How is a muscle injury any indication that he hasn't "settled down"

The dude gets a horrible rap with no reason for it sometimes
He'll probably have that bad rap until he makes a pro-bowl or plays up to being a 1st round selection. It's a hard climb uphill for him with fans because he was a Casserly and Capers Pick. I'm still trying to figure out what made Capers think he'd be a perfect guy for DT in a 3-4 along with a lot of people I would guess.

Last year he played more like a guy that should've been a first day pick. It is a contract year for him but I don't t see him really having a breakout year unless some light turns on. Even then I wouldn't really expect the Texans brass to sign him long term to a big contract. My best guess would be he's going to have to decide how much he likes Houston this year and talk with Kubiak to see where his place would be.

Far as Okam goes I think he'll be better then most suspect. I think his roles at UT have been mixed between Gene Chizik and Duane Akina(looking forward to what Muschamp will do) . Do I think he'll start probably not this year but I think he'll make a impact.

Last edited by Goldensilence; 05-20-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote