Thread: Top 5 WR Corps?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #13
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 WR Corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
I'll take a stab at it. But I don't have the time at the moment to figure out each team's full WR contingent, so I'll go on the names I know (inexact, I admit), and I may miss some personnel changes.

1. New England. Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker. Even if they benefit from Tom Brady's brilliance, it is hard to rate this group below anyone else after the season they just had.

2. Arizona. Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Both are complete studs regardless of who they get to replace Bryant Johnson.

3. Cincinnati. Johnson, Houshmandzadeh and Henry. When they are all motivated and out of jail/off suspension, they might be better than anyone else.

4. Green Bay. Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and now Jordy Nelson. We'll see if they thrive without Favre, but I think Jennings is a budding star, Driver can still play and Jones showed much promise last year. Nelson will be an excellent player.

5. New York Giants. Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith. Maybe a little high for them, but they can all make plays.

I really like our wideouts, but I can't call them top 5. We have one legit star and some complementary pieces (the deep threat, the possession guy, etc.). We're probably in a group with the Steelers, Indy, Dallas and some others.
I would've put Indy and Detroit's corps in the top 5 instead of GB and NYG.

Harrison and Wayne are explosive and Bill Polian showed forethought in picking Anthony Gonzalez.

Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson will be a dynamic duo and Shaun McDonald put up better numbers then some #2s in the league.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote