Thread: Top 5 WR Corps?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #11
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 WR Corps?

I'll take a stab at it. But I don't have the time at the moment to figure out each team's full WR contingent, so I'll go on the names I know (inexact, I admit), and I may miss some personnel changes.

1. New England. Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker. Even if they benefit from Tom Brady's brilliance, it is hard to rate this group below anyone else after the season they just had.

2. Arizona. Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Both are complete studs regardless of who they get to replace Bryant Johnson.

3. Cincinnati. Johnson, Houshmandzadeh and Henry. When they are all motivated and out of jail/off suspension, they might be better than anyone else.

4. Green Bay. Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and now Jordy Nelson. We'll see if they thrive without Favre, but I think Jennings is a budding star, Driver can still play and Jones showed much promise last year. Nelson will be an excellent player.

5. New York Giants. Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith. Maybe a little high for them, but they can all make plays.

I really like our wideouts, but I can't call them top 5. We have one legit star and some complementary pieces (the deep threat, the possession guy, etc.). We're probably in a group with the Steelers, Indy, Dallas and some others.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote