Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
(on DT Travis Johnson) “Well, I’m concerned. He’s missed a lot of time. He’s got the inflammation in the pelvic area, is the best way I can describe it. He’s way behind the team from a physical standpoint. Nothing he can do; they’ve had him resting. Before I put him on the football field, I want to make sure he catches up with his teammates conditioning-wise, so you’ll just see him conditioning at the time.”

(on where DT Travis Johnson’s injury came from) “Well, it’s kind of been something’s that bothered him before and then it crept up again back in February, early March. And we’ve tried a few different scenarios. He had an injection the other day that we’re waiting to see how he recovers from. He has felt better. He ran Friday, he ran today, so we’ll see.”
These quotes from the HT.com quotes are an illustration of why you should read HT.com before reading anything from the Chronicle.

Here's an excerpt from Manfull's article:

Quote:
In other news, defensive tackle Travis Johnson returned to the team after missing the minicamp two weeks ago for his wedding. Johnson did not join his teammates on the field though.

The Texans are monitoring a pelvic injury. They are unsure how long it will sideline Johnson.

"Well, I'm concerned," Kubiak said. "He's missed a lot of time. He's got the inflammation in the pelvic area, is the best way I can describe it. He's way behind the team from a physical standpoint. Nothing he can do; they've had him resting.

"Before I put him on the football field, I want to make sure he catches up with his teammates conditioning-wise, so you'll just see him conditioning at the time."
It's written in a way to invite ridicule. Ha ha, Travis did his wedding instead of minicamp and now he has an inflamed pelvis.

If you read all the quotes at HT.com, you would know that he has had this problem for a while, inclulding in the months of February and March.

Thank goodness for the Texans putting all the quotes on their website, so you can get a more complete view of things. I realize the Chronicle has limited space in the paper to put stories down and that their deadlines are tight, but I don't care for writing that possibly misleads a reader.