Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Sure he needs to block but we don't tend to use the FB as a smash mouth blocking back all that much. Like aj touched on, Kubiak uses the FB all over the field and a bit like a H-back and thats one reason I was hoping we would go after a guy like Jacob Hester if he was around later in the draft. Hester is about the same size as Taylor fwiw. Hester combined with Tomlinson and Gates at TE....who needs wrs? Norv Turner died and went to heaven.

Yeah, I think the point is, whatever you label C.Taylor, he needs to make this team. If that means he's one of four TBs on the roster and we only have one FB, then fine. With the injury history of Chris Brown and AGreen, they can't cut him loose.

My bet is, if everyone makes it out of camp healthy, Taylor will be one of four HBs on the roster, we'll keep one FB, and, John Abbate will be on the practice squad for insurance.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote