Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Kubiak does a lot more with his FBs than simply lead blocking out of the I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
I'm just quoting Kubiak. And we both agree that Taylor isn't a true fullback.
However, Kubiak tends to like smaller fullbacks.

Remember that Denver moved Mike Anderson to fullback a few years back. He is listed at 6-0 and 230 now, but at the time of the move I don't think he was quite that heavy.

Kubiak went into his first season as a head coach with Jameel Cook as the only fullback on the roster. We would both agree that Cook isn't an ideal fullback. Vonta Leach wasn't signed until October. Kubiak cut Moran Norris in May, although he, like Leach, seems to be what we all want in a fullback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Why are people so caught up in the idea of Taylor of playing FB ? If
its because he's about 220 lbs, so what ? If he's 245 he's still got to be
able to block, right ? Can he block ?
Sure he needs to block but we don't tend to use the FB as a smash mouth blocking back all that much. Like aj touched on, Kubiak uses the FB all over the field and a bit like a H-back and thats one reason I was hoping we would go after a guy like Jacob Hester if he was around later in the draft. Hester is about the same size as Taylor fwiw. Hester combined with Tomlinson and Gates at TE....who needs wrs? Norv Turner died and went to heaven.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote