Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Why are people so caught up in the idea of Taylor of playing FB ? If
its because he's about 220 lbs, so what ? If he's 245 he's still got to be
able to block, right ? Can he block ?
As far as drafting Okam, I always wondered if TJ wasn't the biggest reason for the pick and not whether or not Okam was a value in the 5th round ?
TJs performance while here has been very inconsistant, and given that he is really more suited to play AOs position as a 3-technique type and not next to him as a 2-gapper was further reason to take Okam.
Now this medical issue is just one more reason to wonder about TJs future in Houston ?
I don't wonder about his future here. I happen to think he's a pretty good ball player. As many times as I've watched this past season's games, TJ's the last DT I'd point blame at. I do like the fact we got Okam to better fullfill the NT position, but IMO Okoye has to make that step otherwise we'll be in the same boat as last season. Maddox, Zgonina, etc. aren't the answer either.

IMO, TJ's our best DT on the roster after last season. It all depends on whether Amobi can take that next step.