Thread: OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008   #4
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP
Default Re: OTAs: Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Taylor at FB? He doesn't look anything like a FB. Did McFly, I mean McClain, ask that question?
Kubiak happens to think he looks like a fullback, at least he did last year.
Last year at OTA's

Quote:
Taylor to fullback?: Don’t expect to see it anytime soon, but Chris Taylor has seen time at fullback throughout OTA’s.

Kubiak noted the depth at running back after Tuesday’s workout and said Wednesday that Taylor could be a candidate to play fullback at some point in his career.

“I think Chris Taylor has the size that he can play that spot some, but I feel good about Vonta (Leach) and I feel good about Jameel (Cook) coming back and I like the way Joel Dreessen has been working there along with the young kid (Cory) Anderson so we have enough people there.”

But considering that Taylor finds himself in a dog fight for position on the depth chart behind Ahman Green and Ron Dayne at running back, his perceived versatility may give him an edge when the 53-man roster is announced come August.

“When we do practice we do work Chris in there a bit at that position,” Kubiak said.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote